'STRONG BY ZUMBA'
'Strong by Zumba' is a high intensity interval training programme that combines body weight, resistance style, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training movements synced to customised music. Tempo driven, the strength of the beat will challenge your muscles and cardio system to find power, strength, speed, stamina and mobility. Optimise your workout and make every minute count as you push beyond your limits. Discover the athlete within you; feel the force, the energy and get fit!
If you're looking to increase the intensity levels of your training, maximise workout benefits and see faster results from your efforts, then this form of exercise will be right up your street.
Regular participation in a HIIT programme can improve:
- Cardiovascular endurance and stamina
- VO2 and stroke volume at a higher level than steady state programmes
- The size and number of mitochondria, increasing energy production
- Overall muscular endurance, muscle tone and definition
- Muscle fibre recruitment and efficiency
- Fat loss and weight management
- Bone density
- Intrinsic tensile strength of connective tissue, improving joint strength
- Functional core strength
- Joint mobility
- Co-ordination and agility
- Potential health benefits and intervention: lowering risk of lifestyle diseases
Where can I do 'Strong by Zumba'
I will be incorporating a few tracks into my Zumba/Body Conditioning classes in Bushey & Northwood. I will use 'peak and valley' style intervals, which drives intensity close to maximum threshold levels, before active recovery.
Will I have the option to take a low/easier option
There is always the opportunity to work at your own level or pace.
How much will it cost?
There is no extra charge; the price is included in the class fee, i.e. £6.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!